Wake County Families to Safely Reopen Schools Calls for Immediate Action by the Wake County Board of Education

WAKE COUNTY, N.C. – September 10, 2020 – ( Newswire.com )

​​Among the school reopening choices outlined by Governor Roy Cooper and the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, Plan B allows North Carolina students to return to classrooms in a blend of in-person and virtual instruction. Accordingly, Wake County Families to Safely Reopen Schools respectfully requests that the Wake County Board of Education (the “School Board”) finalize a clear plan to reopen schools under Plan B no later than Oct. 1 and that schools reopen no later than Oct. 22. ​

Wake County Families to Safely Reopen Schools believes in the Wake County Public School System, our school administrators, and our teachers. We believe that our community is strong and that we can create a public-private partnership to return students and teachers to schools safely, consistent with The Strong Schools NC Public Health Toolkit (K-12). Most

Read More

6 Steps to Safely Switch Careers


6 min read

Opinions expressed by Entrepreneur contributors are their own.


Some of us fall into our jobs without thinking much about what would make us feel happiest and most fulfilled. And while your job shouldn’t be the only thing to give you a sense of well-being, there’s no denying that what you do for work has a significant impact on your life.

If you’ve been in the same industry for a while now but have been nursing a feeling that it isn’t your true calling, you’re not alone. The average American changes careers five-to-seven times in their lifetime, and 30 percent change jobs or careers every 12 months. This sort of frequent disruption might not be ideal for long-term stability, but a change now and then can be ideal in the pursuit of living your best life.

With the pandemic in full swing, many industries are

Read More

Funding to get First Nations kids back to school safely inadequate, critics say



a group of people sitting at a desk


© Provided by The Canadian Press


THUNDER BAY, Ont. — The federal government is under fire for what critics say has been a delayed response in getting back-to-school funding to First Nations amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

Loading...

Load Error

On Wednesday, Ottawa announced up to $2 billion in back-to-school funding for provinces and territories, and another $112 million specifically for on-reserve schools.

The announcement came after Nishnawbe Aski Nation, which represents 49 Ontario First Nations, released a number of public statements accusing the government of dragging its feet on the issue.

Last week, NAN said the government had rejected its request for $33 million in funding, designed to get its nearly 9,000 students back to school safely by providing them with adequate personal protective equipment and sanitization supplies.

Deputy Grand Chief Derek Fox said Thursday the government is now asking NAN to resubmit its request — this time with a

Read More