- Carly Bigi is a former senior consultant at Deloitte Human Capital.
- In 2017, she founded Laws of Motion, an e-commerce fashion startup that offers 99 sizes of professional clothing for women.
- In an interview with Business Insider, Bigi shared that business school and interning at an e-commerce startup helped encourage her to leave consulting to start her own business.
- A consulting background helped Bigi develop skills that translated well in entrepreneurship, including the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
For some, management consulting is a stepping stone toward entrepreneurship.
That was the case for Carly Bigi, who started her career at Deloitte, a professional services firm with more than 106,000 employees worldwide.
Originally from Houston, Texas, Bigi always had an inkling that she’d build a business some day. After graduating from Vanderbilt University in 2012, she rose through the ranks at Deloitte —