Skip to content
- Homeschooling is on the rise in the UK as uncertainties around the reopening of schools has left some parents feeling like they need to take matters into their own hands.
- A recent poll found that 30% of UK parents were not planning to send their children back to school, of which 91% said they would continue with homeschooling for the foreseeable future.
- Reasons for homeschooling vary, whether its fears that schools aren’t opening or because children find it easier to work from home.
- Professional tutoring and homeschooling groups have also seen a rise in interest, with one group telling Business Insider that there’s been a “surge in demand” since March that has continued into September.
- But while there’s an uptick in homeschooling interest, there is little guidance and support from the government.
- Parents often feel anxious about the responsibilities of teaching their children.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
… Read More