Alberta’s education minister will announce Wednesday how the province will use its portion of the $2 billion the federal government announced last week to help school boards across the country deal with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
While at an announcement on Tuesday, Premier Jason Kenney said Adriana LaGrange was finishing up her consultation with school boards and superintendents that day and would be making the announcement on where Alberta’s $262 million will be directed on Wednesday. A news conference is scheduled for 11 a.m. and will be livestreamed above.
Teachers, NDP accuse Premier Kenney of misleading Albertans over cost of cutting class sizes
“We appreciate the cooperation of school boards and superintendents in developing the Alberta principles for the safe re-entry of schools,” Kenney said.
Coronavirus: Ottawa giving provinces