- Software developer and data scientist roles are projected to be some of the most high-paying, high-demand jobs in the coming decade.
- Even if you didn’t graduate with a related degree, there are plenty of accessible ways to teach yourself how to code and market your skills to employers.
- Join a developer community and use online resources to learn a coding language.
- With these technical skills under your belt you can impress future employers and yield a six-figure salary.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Jobs in tech are still booming – and you can land many without a degree.
Some tech recruiters disregard college credentials when looking to hire new talent. Tesla CEO Elon Musk said that colleges “are not for learning,” but rather environments for students to have fun. Instead, Musk emphasized the amount of online free resources open to people hoping to gain skills. And tech companies