The Saskatchewan government is providing $51 million in a first round of funding for school divisions.
On Tuesday morning, Saskatchewan’s Education Minister Gord Wyant announced how the money will be handed out.
Here’s how it breaks down:
- $19.1 million for sanitization, includes 191 staff.
- $6 million for equipment and furniture.
- $13.2 million for supports for immunocompromised students, includes 150 teachers and staff.
- $9.5 million for additional distance learning capacity, includes 102 teachers and staff.
- $4 million for technology upgrades.
Wyant said 46 applications were approved. He did not detail where the money would be going or how it is divided among the successful applicants.
“I believe there are a number of schools divisions that were already making some plans to have staff or